It’s a tough online world. Competition’s tough and the market’s rough. Handling your own marketing and monetization can be a gamble, but why take risks? You want results. Sign on with a monetization platform that can handle itself. CodeFuel’s tough monetization platform delivers results and walks the talk.
We’re always helping people learn the ropes of online advertising and software monetization.
The Advertising Walk
Here are just a few of the tips and tricks we put into practice to make our products the best:
- Be relevant- Users want relevant information. This is true whether they’re using an app, a website, or using social media. Ads for cosmetics won’t convert teenage boys any more than an ad for a first-person shooter will convert a baby boomer. Give users what they want so they’ll trust you and stick around to listen to what you have to say.
- Be concise- Time’s in short supply these days, and so are attention spans. Ads, copy, and content should be readable and digestible. Website owners only have a second or two to grab attention before users bounce.
- Be fast- Downloads should finish quickly, pages should load quickly, and apps should respond quickly. If there’s dead space, fill it with something interesting, like a relevant ad. The quicker you are, the more likely you are to capture a customer’s attention.
- Add value- Once you’ve got someone’s attention, add value and keep adding value. This will keep them listening and engaged. The more value you create, the more likely it is that users will stay on board and convert on your offers.
- Build trust- Trust is the foundation of relationships, and relationships are the foundation of good business. Build solid foundations of trust with your customers and you’ll have loyal users who will stay with you for the long term.
- Build relationships- Relationships are the foundation of networks, and networks are the foundation of business economies. Find trustworthy, reliable partners and work together to increase your audience pool and your reach.
- Optimize- Always work on your funnel. Re-target, re-segment, re-market, and re-focus. Test, test, and test some more. Learn what works and what doesn’t, make changes, and use these opportunities to get to know your customers. When you do, you’ll see your conversions skyrocket.
The Monetization Walk
Promotion is one half of the coin; monetization is the other. Whether you’re a website owner, an app developer, or a digital content creator, chances are you can monetize. There is a wealth of monetization opportunities online.
Some are better than others. Some offer complete and total solutions, while some require a bit of sweat to get rolling. Which options you choose depend on what you plan to monetize, your business’s personality, and your target audience.
Here are some down-to-earth things you can start working on today:
- Pay-per-download- Sign up for a pay-per-download network and see what they have to offer. You can offer paid products, earn commissions from other people’s products, and network with affiliates to promote your offers.
- Content-locking sites- Put your content behind a locked link and require users to complete an action to get to it. The action could be a survey, a questionnaire, or a quiz – regardless of the action, you get paid when the users unlock your content.
- Pay-per-install programs- Find smart installers that let you advertise during the installation. Use them to promote your own products and earn revenue at the same time.
- Affiliate networks- Affiliate networks are a classic way to earn revenue. You can promote merchants’ products on a website, through an app, over email, and even on social media. Each sale earns you a commission.
- Good old advertising- Advertising is another classic. Earn revenue by placing ads inside your app, on your website, in your software program, or anywhere else you’ve got access to a user’s eyeballs.
- Monetization platform- Choose your monetization platform wisely. Industry leaders offer turn-key solutions that pave the way for revenue and growth. CodeFuel’s tough monetization platform delivers results and leaves the competition in the dust.
Monetization Platforms that Deliver
Always judge a platform by its results. Every full-service monetization platform should help you build your customer base and generate revenue from those customers.
With the right monetization platform, you’ll get immediate reports and results so that you can take action to improve those numbers. It’s worth exploring the internet for a few options, but when you find the right solution that works for your monetization and promotional needs, don’t waste time trying to make the others work.
You don’t want to spend a lot of time monetizing: you probably just want to monetize it and get back to work.