Want to earn money from code?
Don’t worry, you don’t need to be a code whiz to make money from code. These days, there are dozens of ways to build your own website or app, without needing to know a single line of code. If you can copy and paste, you can make money.
Making Code Money without the Code
So how do you create apps or websites without knowing code?
To build a website, you really just need a content management system or website builder, such as the following:
- WordPress or Blogger – These two popular content management systems allow you to sign up for free and start your own website in minutes. Check the terms and conditions, however, to see if you can run ads on the site. WordPress, for instance, allows affiliate links, but not third-party advertising as long as you are hosting on WordPress.com.
- Wix – This is a drag-and-drop website builder that allows anyone to create and host a website within minutes or hours. The flash-based site builder can create beautiful sites that are highly customizable. Their support center offers information on how to integrate ads or monetization solutions with your site.
- Squarespace – This is another simple site builder that makes it easy to create a blog, online store, portfolio site, or any other basic website. You can place ads on the site, and the help center even offers basic instructions on how to do it.
- GoDaddy – GoDaddy has its own website builder, so if you use this popular hosting service, take a look at their builder to see how it works.
Of course, the world is becoming more mobile every day, so perhaps you’re more interested in monetizing and building your own apps. If so, you have options:
- AppMakr – This software allows anyone to create fully functional, feature-rich apps for iOS and Android. As with many app makers, it offers both free and paid plans. Free plans include the AppMakr name and ads inside the app, but the more you pay per month, the more freedom you have in terms of advertising.
- Como – Como is another popular app maker that allows you to earn money with advertising, coupons, and other standard income mechanisms. This app is ideal for small businesses as well as individuals, and offers support when it comes to app promotion and marketing.
- Appy Pie – This tool lets you create apps across multiple platforms, including Windows Phone and Blackberry. Like the other app makers, you can create complete apps with a variety of features, while still avoiding code.
There are plenty of other app makers online, but keep in mind that in order to monetize them through advertising, affiliate marketing, or other methods, you may need to pay a subscription fee or publication fee.
Once you’ve got your app or website built, monetization with ads is a piece of cake. Simply find a trusted monetization solution provider, then cut and paste the right line of code into your product.
To make money from your app or website, you still need one more thing.
The Only Thing You Need To Make Money Is…
There’s lots of money in code, so lots of people want in. But when looking at all the programming languages, all the operating systems, all the monetization options, and all the competition, it can be a bit overwhelming.
You don’t need to be a genius programmer in order to monetize code. In fact, you don’t need to know how to program at all. A simple website is enough to get started with advertising. And if you’re worried about making apps, a search for “app makers” will reveal a range of app-making tools that do the coding for you.
The hardest part is deciding what to create. Once you’ve built your site or app, it’s just a matter of promoting your code. Create a basic marketing plan to grow your traffic:
- SEO and Content Marketing – Create a website for your app or add content to your existing site. People prefer content that is informative, entertaining and useful. The more valuable your content, the more people will stick around on your website and become aware of your product.
- Social Media Marketing – A social media presence is mandatory these days. The more you develop an online presence, the more people will become aware of you and your app or website. Generating a following is key to success.
- Advertising – While advertising is a great way to make money, it’s also necessary to expand your presence. Test the waters with advertising that focuses on your target audience, such as specialized display ad networks.
Though code monetization may seem a little scary at first, it’s pretty easy once you get the hang of it. With a little bit of research and practice, anyone can start earning money from code…even if you’re not a code whiz.