Reporting Copyright Infringements
ClientConnect Ltd. d/b/a CodeFuel (‘CodeFuel’) does not permit copyright-infringing activities or any infringements of intellectual property rights on any of its platforms or website (collectively, the “Website”), and will remove any such content, if properly notified that it infringes upon the intellectual property rights of any party. Notifications about infringements of copyright or intellectual property rights stating the location of the copyrighted work claimed to be infringed, should be delivered in accordance with the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. Section 512 (the ‘DMCA’), as detailed below.
Notice of Claims of Copyright Infringement
Pursuant to the DMCA provisions, CodeFuel has designated an agent (‘Copyright Agent’) to receive notifications of claimed copyright infringement on its Website. Please be advised that CodeFuel enforces a policy that provides for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of subscriptions of repeat infringers.
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement or that your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide CodeFuel’s designated Copyright Agent with the following information, in accordance with the DMCA:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest.
- A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed.
- The location of the allegedly infringing content, with enough detail that CodeFuel may find it. Providing URLs in the body of an email is the best way to help CodeFuel quickly locate content. If possible, please add product identification (i.e., the type of CodeFuel application and/or service), dates, screenshots, and any other details necessary to identify the content to which you are objecting.
- Your address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement by you that you believe, in good faith, that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
All materials must be submitted in the English language. In the event that translated materials are used, please provide a notarized authorization of the translations.
Following receipt of your communication, CodeFuel may ask you to provide additional information prior to removing any content displayed on the Website, as CodeFuel deems necessary to comply with the provisions of the DMCA. CodeFuel may also provide the registered user who uploaded the allegedly infringing content with your contact details, in order to enable that person to contact you directly and communicate with you regarding your notification.
You may submit a counter notification to the Copyright Agent. In order for it to be effective, you must provide the Copyright Agent with a written counter notification, including substantially the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the content to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before access to it was disabled.
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that you believe in good faith that the content was disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification.
- Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which you may be located, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification or an agent of such person.
After receipt of a counter notification, CodeFuel will promptly provide the person who submitted the claimed copyright infringement notification with a copy of the counter notification, and will inform that person that in 10 business days, CodeFuel will replace the removed content or cease disabling access to that content.
CodeFuel will then replace the removed content or cease disabling access to it between 10 and 14 business days following receipt of the counter notice. CodeFuel shall not enable access to such content if the Copyright Agent has received prior notice from the person claiming copyright infringement that such person has filed an action seeking a court order to restrain the registered user from engaging in infringing activity relating to the content on CodeFuel’s system or network.
CodeFuel may deny or cancel any individual use of the Website, or terminate your account, if CodeFuel determines, in its sole discretion, that you are a repeat infringer. A repeat infringer is a user who has been notified of infringing activity more than once or a user whose uploaded content has been removed from the Website more than once. CodeFuel may decide, in its sole discretion, to terminate your account immediately, for any reason and at any time it sees fit. In these cases, CodeFuel may terminate your account immediately. CodeFuel may notify you that it has canceled your account by sending a message to the email address you provided during the registration process. Such notification will come into effect immediately.
Please note that under Section 512(f) of the DMCA, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that: (1) the content is infringing, or (2) the content was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification, will be liable for any damages, including costs and attorney fees that CodeFuel may incur if it is injured by such misrepresentation.
Copyright Agent Details
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mailing Address: 2 Embarcadero Center Floor 8 San Francisco, CA 94111, United States