Landing Page Policy
CodeFuel provides its publishers (“Publisher(s)” or “you”) a default landing page where the users may download such Publishers’ community toolbars. Alternatively, some of the Publishers can elect to customize their landing page in accordance with the terms and conditions detailed below, and offer such external landing page to their users.
When you elect to use an external landing page, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms and conditions below. If you do not agree to comply with these terms and conditions, please use the default landing page provided by CodeFuel.
The terms and conditions that apply to landing pages are as follows:
- If you use the default landing page provided by CodeFuel:
The following is an example of a default landing page landing page:
- Toolbar Logo (see number 1 in the screen shot above)
By default the landing page will show the Publisher logo as shown on the Publisher’s community toolbar. You may customize the landing page and upload a different image. Please note that any image uploaded must comply with the following guidelines:
- The image may not violate any third party rights including, but not limited, to copyright and trademark infringement.
- The image may not be offensive.
- The image may not be misleading.
- The image may not encourage illegal activities (for example, the image may not include illegal torrent content).
- The image may not encourage pre-populated searches in any search box.
- The image may not encourage installations of other software.
- Toolbar Description (see number 2 in the screen shot above)
The Publisher can provide a customized toolbar description in the landing page but all data, information, graphics, links, web pages, signs, images, software and code, files, text, photos, audio or video, sounds, visual works, musical works, works of authorship, and components (“Content”) that is part of the description must comply with the following guidelines:
- The description may not be misleading in any manner. (For example, you may not promise the user that he/she will have access to free games from the toolbar if your toolbar does not include games).
- The description not refer to or use Content which violates any third party rights including, but not limited, to copyright and trademark infringement.
- The description may not promote Prohibited Activity or Fraudulent Activity (as such terms are defined in the Publisher Agreement).
- The description may not include language that encourages illegal activities (for example, use of illegal torrent content)
- The description may not use, endorse, and/or promote Content which is pornographic, obscene, excessively profane, racist, ethnically offensive, threatening, infringing, excessively violent, libelous, gambling-related, or discriminatory.
- The description Content may not promote hacking or cracking.
- Toolbar Tags (see number 3 in the screen shot above)
Please see Toolbar description section above.
- Toolbar Logo (see number 1 in the screen shot above)
- If you use an external landing page customized by you:
Please note that due to the restructuring of Conduit Ltd. (“Conduit”), as of January 1st. 2014, you may no longer use the brand and/or mark “Conduit” on your landing pages. Any reference to “Conduit” should be replaced with “ClientConnect Ltd.” or “Powered by ClientConnect Ltd.”, as the case may be.
You must state clearly that the landing page is provided for the purpose of downloading and installing your community toolbar. In addition, the layout of the landing page must comply with the following:
- Size and Fonts: The font must be in the size of a normal subtitle and in proportion with the rest of the landing page. The font size shall be equivalent to Arial 14 or bigger.
- Location: the text must be located next to the button/link of the installation of the community toolbar.
- the language of the landing page must be clear and in the spirit of the following examples: “click here to install the toolbar”/ “play from our toolbar”/ “download our toolbar”, and
- You may choose not to mention the word toolbar as long as it will be 100% clear and unambiguous to the user that the user is installing a toolbar. The common practice would be using the toolbar image together with clarifying text.
- Misleading Content
You will not mislead the users in any manner. The following activities will be considered as misleading:
- Promising access to Content that is not available from the Publisher’s toolbar. For example, you may not promise the user that he/she will have access to free games from the toolbar if your toolbar does not include games).
- Promising access to services that are not delivered by the Publisher’s toolbar (for example pop up blocking)
- Including an image of a toolbar that is not the Publisher’s toolbar. You must include a correct and up to date image of your toolbar.
You will not present the Truste seal on any external landing pages (i.e., any page that is not CodeFuel’s default at ourtoolbar.com) unless you have received CodeFuel’s prior written approval.
- Intellectual Property
You will not present Content which you do not own or which is not legally licensed by you or which is not in the public domain. You will not infringe any third party’s intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, unauthorized usage of trademarks, trade names or logos, distribution of torrent or peer-to-peer files, or offering infringing material.
- Search Provider(s)
You will not make any references to any search provider in the landing page with relation to the toolbar and any apps made available from it, including but not limited to: use of any search provider marks, name or services.
You will not promote any torrent Content on any landing page.
- Illegal or offensive Content
The Content on the landing page and/or links provided from the page shall not contain, use, endorse and/or promote any illegal activity, Content which is pornographic, obscene, excessively profane, racist, ethnically offensive, threatening, infringing, excessively violent, libelous, gambling-related, or discriminatory.
The Content on the landing page and/or links provided from the page shall not contain, use, endorse and/or promote any Content which causes or enables security threats including: malware, viruses, or any other computer code, files or applications designed to interrupt, hijack, destroy or limit functionality of any computer software/hardware/network.
- Clickable Landing page
The landing page will not be entirely mapped (clickable). The only clickable areas on the landing page will be the toolbar image and the button/the text which describes or references the toolbar.
- Misleading practice
The landing page will not contain any feature which may lead to the installation of the toolbar unless it is specifically identified as a toolbar installation button/link.
Last updated: January 1, 2014